Tuesday, June 14, 2011

D&D club in the yearbook

My oldest child is in the last few days of being a high school freshman and just recently brought home the current video yearbook on DVD. It's a bunch of quick segments of different student groups and clubs and a few skits.

My son is immortalized (at least until formats change) as a member of the D&D club which got a commercial length segment in the Video Yearbook. They're pushing arround some figures on a battle-mat and look like they are having fun, no exciting audio as there is music over the segment.
There's also a segment of student comments where my son and his friend (not in the D&D club) are making a few Dr. Who jokes...yup the boy's a nerd just like his dear old dad.

3 comments:

  1. That's cool.
    At my job I sometimes catalog high school year books and every so often I flip through looking for "D&D clubs" but so far nothing, even in the ones from the early 1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nerd apple does not fall far from the nerd tree. ;)

    In 1982 I was president and founder of the Lincoln Middle School D&D Club. That was the crown jewel in me early geek crown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A D&D club? That's great. I remember trying to pitch such a thing when I went to school and everyone looked at me as if I had grown horns.

    Lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete